A grand stair rod design suited to wider staircases
Choose from ten stunning finishes and three styles of rods
- Available extra large 16mm (5/8″) diameter rods only.
- Suitable for fitting on stair runners and full fitted stair carpets.
- High quality hollow carpet rods, offered in ten metal finishes: polished, antique or satin brass, antique bronze, polished chrome, brushed chrome, satin and polished nickel, pewter and black.
- Choice of reeded, spiral or plain rod.
- Made-to-measure to fit your stairs.
- Supplied with a pair of matching-finished stair rod brackets with screws, suitable for installation with carpets or natural flooring fitted with underlay. The 16mm (5/8”) brackets have a 15mm clearance.
- Protective finish – easy to wipe clean.
- It is important to note that, like other stair runner rods, the Dubai stairrods are purely decorative and do not fix the carpet to the stairs; a stair runner must be secured by another means of installation such as gripper.
What length to order
- For runner stair carpets choose the RUNNER option: add around 150mm (around 6”) to the width of your runner to give you the tip-to-tip measurement of stair rod to order. For example: if your runner is 2000mm wide then you would order 2150mm length rods. Note: the tip-to-tip measurement you order INCLUDES the finials.
- For fitted carpets choose the FRONT FIX option:we recommend that you leave at least a 25-50mm gap between the stringboard (side of staircase) and tip of the rod, on both sides of the staircase.
- Also, see how to Measure Stair Rods.
Tips for fitting Dubai stair rods
- The Dubai stair rod brackets are supplied with No. 6 screws: drill a pilot hole before fixing the brackets to the staircase, then drill a 4mm clearance hole for the screw shank. It is suggested for softwood: drill a 2.5mm pilot hole and hardwood a 3mm pilot hole. To avoid damaging the screws it is suggested you use a low drill speed.
- Runner rods brackets are hinged: separate, by sliding the top from the bottom of the bracket to reveal the screw holes. Fit the bottom section first, and then place the rod in before sliding the top bracket section into place and securing with the supplied domed-head screw.
- Fitted carpet Front Fix brackets: place the rod on the stair carpet and place the Front Fix brackets over the rod face, screwing them through the carpet.
- Fitting a stairrod to the bottom step (hall or landing level) is a popular option, as it helps to complete the look and creates a sense of flow from top to bottom of the house.
Cleaning is simple
- All our carpet stair rods are protected with a clear lacquer, which prevents the rod finish tarnishing.
- Simply wipe clean occasionally with a damp cloth and do not polish.
- If you use any household cleaners to clean surrounding wood and paintwork, this should be applied to the cloth and not directly sprayed on the surface of the staircase, as the cleaner can react with the finish of the rods.
- Please also see our How to Guide on how to clean stair rods.