Create your own rugs and runners with carpet edging – Easybind
Choose from 38 colours and apply directly to your carpet
- Carpet edging – Easybind is the smart and attractive binding method for finishing the edges of carpet to make attractive rugs and runners. It is easy to apply and cost effective, making it possible to turn remnant carpet into a feature of your home. You can also apply to upholstery and it proves excellent for edging fitted carpets in caravans and boats.
- This carpet binding tape is easy apply, in the home. It’s simple to do and fast.
- Easybind edges the carpet with a rope-styled binding, which is stuck to the reverse of the carpet with a self-adhesive fabric strip (supplied integral to the rope edging). Suitable for all types of backing material.
- The carpet binding prevents frayed edges and is an attractive feature and is an economical way to use up carpet remnants.
- It avoids the need for overlocking or fitting borders to the rug, which tend to be ugly and bulky and involve sending your carpet away to a specialist company – a lengthy process.
- Easybind is ideal for edging straight and curved edges, which means that you can make all shapes of rug, including round, L-shaped, square and rectangular.
- Choose from 30 standard colours plus 8 deluxe colours, including attractive two-tone options.
- The Deluxe Easybind carpet edging tape features a special yarn with a silky sheen to it, for that extra touch of glamour.
Tips on applying your rope carpet edging – Easybind
- Order the correct amount of Easybind carpet edging by first measuring up the linear dimension of the rugs or runners you wish to make. This is the length of the external edge.
- Ask your fitter to make some scatter rugs from the remnant carpet, at the time of laying your carpet or runner.
- Alternatively, you can do-it-yourself. It is best to first watch the video (see Video tab above) and then get started or follow the steps shown in the slider Carpet Edging – the Easybind way.
- An application kit, comprising hot glue gun, cartridges and practise sample, supplies the basic tools you require to start applying easybind.
- In addition, useful tips can be found in our How to Guides on how to attach Easybind.
Carpet edging – the Easybind way
- Combine carpet edging with decorative stair rods and carpet studs to transform a dull staircase into an eye-catching feature of your home.