How to create a rug or runner with carpet binding tape – Easybind Application Kit
- With the carpet binding tape – Easybind Application Kit you can turn remnant carpet into attractive rugs and runners.
- Popular with professional carpet fitters, it is also easy to do-it-yourself.
- Designed to be used when edging carpets with Easybind carpet binding tape, which is available in around 40 different colours.
- The Application Kit comprises a hot-glue gun (TEC 305 not TEC 250 shown in image), as used by professional carpet fitters, 1/2 kilo of Easybind glue sticks and trial samples of Easybind carpet edging, so that you can practice your technique.
- For step-by-step demonstration on how to apply the Easybind carpet edging, please watch the video.
- A cost-effective way to turn remnant carpet into attractive rugs of any sizes and runners for stairs and hallways.
- Ideal for curved and straight carpet edges.
It’s simple to do when you know how
- Unpack the carpet binding tape – Easybind Application Kit. Follow the instructions and the video. A good idea is to practise a few short stretches of carpet first, using the trial samples supplied in the kit.
- Cut the carpet to the dimensions and shape you have chosen for your rug or runner, ensuring edges are straight (if required) and cut cleanly.
- Wrap the end of the Easybind with a piece of sticky tape and cut through the middle to create a crisp end with no fraying.
- Peel back the backing tape on the Easybind and fix the carpet edging to the reverse of the carpet.
- Join the Easybind with a bead of hot glue using the hot glue gun.
- Seal the Easybind rope edging to the front of the carpet using the hot glue gun and allow to dry.