Ali Wrap for nosing stairs in matching vinyl flooring
Add a strip of style flush to each step
- Nosing stairs with the Ali Wrap Nosing creates a super-smart staircase where the front of each step is professionally edged with the same LVT (vinyl) as the tread.
- The nosings are designed to be used with 2.5-3mm thick vinyl flooring (both dryback and glue-down types) and to lie flush.
- Manufactured in robust aluminium, there are four metal finishes from which to choose: Chrome, Polished Brass, Antique Brass and Black.
- Each one is pre-drilled and countersunk with 100mm centres for the supplied screws.
- This nosing design attaches to the front of each step (bullnose). It features a strip of the vinyl flooring in the front channel, which is held in place by peeling off the self-adhesive strip.
- Available in 3 lengths for cutting to size: 900mm, 1800mm, 2700mm.
- This stair nosing can be mitred.
- If you want to join a stair carpet to a laminate floor, take a look at the Ali Top Nose instead and yet more nosing products shown here.
Fitting tips for nosing stairs with the Ali Wrap
- Start by accurately measuring each step and cut each stair nosing accordingly.
- Secondary fix each one using a propriety adhesive such as Stycco Flex. Then, screw onto the tread using the supplied screws, starting in the middle.
- Next, measure the circumference of the nosing and create a template, before cutting the nosings from your LVT by scoring and then bevel the edges.
- Peel of the tape and fix the vinyl inlay into the Ali Wrap Nose. It is best to first feed it into the bottom channel, warm it up and then stick down into the top channel.
- These stair nosing profiles are 9mm in height and designed to accommodate 6mm plywood on each step, up to 3mm of LVT and 0.5mm glueline.
- For further information, watch the video.
Coordinating door bars and flooring trims to complement the Ali Top Nose profile
We sell a choice of brands of door thresholds and trims. Each brand has its own selection of unique styles and finishes. We therefore recommend you choose from the same range if you wish them to match in finish to each other. You can do a search by selecting RANGE in the filters.