Ali Wrap LVT for nosing stairs in matching vinyl
Insert a strip of matching LVT into a profile attached to each front step edge
- Nosing stairs with the Ali Wrap LVT Nosing is ideal for 2.5mm or 3mm vinyl flooring, installed on 6mm plywood covered stairs. The steps should have an existing bullnose i.e. have a rounded, front overhang profile. The vinyl flooring can be LVT or LVP (both dryback and glue-down types), including brands such as Karndean and Amtico.
- The nosing covers up joins in the vinyl (LVT) and creates a strong front edge to each step.
- They are manufactured in heavy-duty aluminium, in a choice of four metal finishes: Chrome (polished), Polished Brass, Antique Brass and Black.
- Each section of the Ali Wrap LVT Nosing is pre-drilled and countersunk for the fixing screws (supplied).
- This nosing screws into and adheres to the front of each step (bullnose). A section of the vinyl flooring is then cut and inserted under the nosing lips, following the curved profile of the nosing; the vinyl is also held in place by a self-adhesive strip.
- Available in 3 lengths for cutting to size: 900mm, 1800mm, 2700mm.
- If you want to join a stair carpet to a laminate floor, take a look at the Ali Top Nose instead and yet more nosing products are shown here.
Fitting tips for nosing stairs with the Ali Wrap
- To ensure a safe and smart installation, we recommend that a proficient flooring fitter installs stair nosings. The NICF (National Institute of Carpet and Floorlayers) can advise on professional fitters in your area.
- Secondary fix each one using a propriety adhesive such as Stycco Flex. Then, screw onto the tread using the supplied screws, starting in the middle.
- Measure the circumference of the nosing and create a template, before cutting the nosings from your LVT by scoring and then bevelling the edges. Typically, the template nosing dimension will be 53mm wide.
- Peel of the tape and fix the vinyl inlay into the Ali Wrap Nose. Warming up the vinyl can help this process. It is best to first feed it into the bottom channel and then stick down into the top channel.
- These stair nosing profiles are 9mm in height and designed to accommodate 6mm plywood on each step, up to 3mm of LVT and 0.5mm glueline.
- For further information, watch the video.
Coordinating door bars and flooring trims to complement the Ali Top Nose profile
We sell a choice of brands of door thresholds and trims. Each brand has its own selection of unique styles and finishes. We therefore recommend you choose from the same range if you wish them to match in finish to each other. You can do a search by selecting RANGE in the filters.