The lvt or laminate door threshold that matches your flooring
Buy now for direct delivery within a few days
- The Ali Tramline Transition is both a laminate door threshold and LVT door threshold. It creates a streamline join between two floors fitted with laminate or LVT (luxury vinyl tiles or planks).
- The 30mm wide design features a recessed channel with self adhesive backing – peel or plane off a section of the top, patterned layer of the floorcovering and neatly stick into the channel.
- Similar to a T moulding in function.
- Only use if your two floors are level with each other. If your floor edges are not level, then take a look at the Tramline Reducer.
- The Tramline Transition is produced in high grade aluminium, in a choice of 4 metal finishes: polished brass, antique brass, chrome, black.
- Strong, adhesive strip firmly holds the door thresholds to the floor, allowing for flooring expansion; no screws needed and therefore ideal for underfloor heating.
- Available 1800mm long for cutting to length.
- For alternative options for joining LVT and laminates, see our door thresholds collection.
Size options for the Ali Tramline laminate door threshold
- Two recess depths available:
- 3mm option is suitable for LVT which is 2-3mm thick and fitted with recommended underlay system for expansion. The width of the inset flooring is 24mm (see diagrams on this page)
- 5mm option is ideal as a laminate door thresholds, also for click or floating vinyl flooring, providing the underside is planed to 5mm thick. The width of the inset flooring is 20mm (see diagrams on this page)
- To cut and fit the patterned inset strip of laminate or LVT flooring into the Tramline Transition requires some skill. A professional fitter may be required.
- The 3mm and 5mm option both allow for up to 16mm expansion.
Coordinating door bars and flooring trims in this range
We sell a choice of brands of door thresholds and trims. Each brand has its own selection of unique styles and finishes. We therefore recommend you choose from the same range if you wish them to complement each other. You can do a search by selecting RANGE in the filters.