The sloping reducer transition for luxury vinyl flooring that caters for different floor levels
Take the stylish solution
- The Tramline reducer transition joins vinyl flooring installations, where one vinyl floor edge is higher than the other by 2mm-9mm. They are suitable for LVT (luxury vinyl) both floating and non-floating and WPC/SPC rigid core tile products with a peelable surface.
- Designed to match your vinyl pattern – simply stick a section of your flooring into the recessed channel for perfect continuity of grain or pattern.
- Likewise, it spans the join between the luxury vinyl floors.
- It features a 3mm recess and is therefore suitable for use with 2-3mm thick luxury vinyl fitted with recommended underlay system or 4-5mm thick luxury vinyl planed down.
- Made from high grade aluminium in 4 metal finishes: polished brass, chrome, antique brass, black.
- Self adhesive for ease of fitting and strong fixing. No screws involved and therefore can be used with underfloor heating.
- Supplied in 1800mm lengths for cutting to required dimensions.
- For alternative door threshold ramps and reducer transitions for all types of flooring, made in solid brass in a choice of 10 metal finishes, please see our choice of Ramps.
- If your adjoining vinyl-covered floors are level with each other then take a look at the Tramline Transition or other door thresholds in our range.
Size options for the Ali Tramline Reducer Ramp
- This product is designed for 2-3mm thick LVT (luxury vinyl) and 4-5mm thick if planed down.
- There are 8 ramp height options i.e. the difference in floor level between the 2 lvt floors. Measure-up to decide which is best for your floor. See adjacent diagrams.
- Reducer height 2-3mm (turn the reducer around accordingly): Total Width 26mm approximately
- Reducer height 4-5mm (turn the reducer around accordingly): Total Width 29.5mm approximately
- Reducer height 6-7mm (turn the reducer around accordingly): Total Width 35mm approximately
- Reducer height 8-9mm (turn the reducer around accordingly): Total Width 44mm approximately
Fitting tips for the Ali reducer transition
- Self-adhesive strip on underside of both sections strongly sticks the Tramline Reducer to the upper floor.
- No screws and therefore ideal where underfloor heating could be an issue.
- Cut to length with a sharp hack-saw.
- Make sure the floorcovering is clean, de-greased and dry before sticking down.
- Only peel off the protection to the adhesive strip which will stick to the horizontal, higher floor. Do not peel off the other adhesive strip.
- Please watch the video (see Video Tab) for instructions on how to prepare and fit your lvt into the recess.
Coordinating door bars and flooring trims to go with this reducer transition
We sell a choice of brands of door thresholds and trims. Each brand has its own selection of unique styles and finishes. We therefore recommend you choose from the same range if you wish them to complement each other. You can do a search by selecting RANGE in the filters.